I know this past week you have all been glued to your computer to see if Panda's predictions were true, false, or just plain mean. Turns out to be none of the above. As mentioned, and as those who know Panda can attest, she is only attentive and sweet when she wants food. As soon as you feed her, she is off doing her own thing. Well, she had recently finished up a bag of food, and started another. I noticed that Iams had changed the size of the food, from pellets to round discs, but I thought nothing else of it. That was my first mistake. Secondly, sometimes Mom will feed her or sometimes I will, just depending on who she harasses most. All last week, I never fed her, assuming that Mom was doing it. Turns out, Panda wasn't eating. Either she didn't like the food or couldn't eat the discs very easily. So she was perpetually hungry and therefore clingy and sweet, following me around, begging for food. I bought her some new Iams senior citizen kitty food, and she LOVES it! And, she hasn't bothered me since.... so there you go, I'm not going into labor just yet, my cat just didn't like her food.
Now for a more 'scientific' pregnancy update: As of last Thursday, I am 75% effaced or thinned out, but not dilated at all. The doctor guessed her to be around 7 pounds and she is still in good head down position. I go back again this Thursday. I still feel okay, but I am slowing on down. I have a few more aches and pains everyday, especially in my lower abdomen and low back. I am having some Braxton-Hicks on occasion, but nothing to get excited about just yet. I still need to hold out for two more weeks, still shooting for the 25th.
By the way, my apologies for those who are getting a little too much information about what all my uterus is up to these days. My birthing class teacher said it best- "That is no longer your private area, it is now a birthing canal. Get used to talking about it and people looking at it." Well said...
Finally, my 38 week picture! Only two more of these to go!
You look great Shannon. And I knew that there must be some other explanation to Panda's sweet behavior.
ReplyDelete