Saturday, October 2, 2010

37 weeks down, 22 days to go!

Today marks the 37th week of being pregnant, leaving 3 more plus a couple of days for Ryan to get in.  Here is the picture from last week.  This is her tiny 'get my picture taken' hospital outfit.  It really looks like it might fit a doll (we are packing a larger outfit just in case).
It even comes with tiny tights with little shoes painted on them, which I am sure she will HATE.  And yes, there is a tiny pink bow to go around her head for the picture and then I will take it off of her because I don't like wearing those things, so I assume she won't either and because my mom told me that if they are too tight they will leave a indention on their small heads.
We are busy getting things ready around here.  Sasha has beefed up security, and Panda is diligently doing quality control.  Here she is testing out the comfort of the changing table:

She is comparing it's comfort with that of my bed:

It appears that my bed is slightly more comfortable.  I do not have picture documentation that she has been checking out the baby's bed too, but I have seen it.  She gets sprayed with water every time I catch her in there, so hopefully she will give up on it by the time the baby arrives.

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday.  Again, everything looks good.  The doctor GUESSED that she is about 6 pounds, but stressed that it is merely a guess.  All measurements say she should be about average size when born, which sounds good to me.  I go again next Thursday but so far everything looks good.  Blood pressure is still low and I am not having contractions that I am aware of.  The only problem I am having is pain in my left hip.  I hobble for a bit when I get up from sitting for awhile, but then it loosens up and I am okay.  It is no worse than any of my race training injuries, so I just ignore it like I do those :-) 
Ryan and I have an Excel spreadsheet that counts down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until he gets in:  22 days and 3 hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment