On Wednesday my dad called and said he wanted to treat Leyton and I to lunch the next day. I thought that was very sweet of him, but a little strange, to take us out to lunch on a Thursday. Later it occurred to me that Thursday would be my birthday. Just another example of how single minded new mommies are - I can tell you exactly how old Leyton is, but nearly forget my own birthday (but thanks to everyone who remembered via calls, FB, cards, etc). Other than lunch with Dad, we didn't celebrate too hard.
So last post I promised pictures of Leyton's evening ScreamFest. Well I am happy to report than since blogging about it, she hasn't had another one. I decided that at three months old, she is old enough and would likely benefit from a more structured schedule of events during the day. Mainly this would mean me enforcing the third nap. She would always get in two naps, and sometimes three, but I figured since she was overly tired in the evenings, she needed to have all three. The first two days I had to trick her into taking them, i.e. I laid her on my bed and nursed her to sleep and consequently fell asleep myself. By the third day I just nursed her, and yesterday she took it all on her own! Woohoo!! So here is our new routine: Wake up between 6 and 7 (if she gets up earlier she comes to bed with me, but this only happens maybe once a week). First nap around 8 or 8:30 for an hour. Change her, feed her, playtime til second nap which begins between 11 and 12 and is generally two hours. Change her, feed her, playtime til third nap which is around 4ish and is generally an hour or less. More changing, feeding, playing and a bath until bedtime around 8ish.
Humorous Side Note: I was reading about causes of fussiness in babies (because that is what new mommies do, they research everything). I can across an article that said my fussy kid could be gifted. Something about smart babies taking in so much and learning so fast that it is hard for them to 'turn it off' when it is time to sleep. This cracked me up... that is the same as telling a bride it is good luck that it is raining on her wedding day. 'Sorry about your luck... maybe it will turn out better later.' So now when Leyton cries, I tell her how gifted she is :-)
We also have a confirmed case of diaper rash. She had what I thought could be diaper rash, which popped up while we were in Oregon, but yesterday when I was changing her, I noticed some definite little booty sores. So I am now lathering up the booty cream with every change (was just doing it at night) and letting her have some diaper-free time (which she LOVES!) I know it is very common for babies to get, but it still makes me feel like a terrible mother.
We went and had her passport photo taken the other day. I can't mail it off until Ryan gets home. Something about needing both parents to sign so they know I'm not trying to smuggle her out of the country. She needs it for our trip to France and Germany to visit the Mallory's and Smit's at the end of March! So we have added Baby Passport to the growing list of things we have to do when Ryan gets home (find a house, do taxes, take pets to vet, get Leyton's Tricare card, car titles, watch the baby while Mommy gets a haircut, pedicure, takes a nap, shops). He is going to have a busy 20 days!
Speaking of busy... Little Pants is up from her nap, so off I go. I will post pictures later.
So last post I promised pictures of Leyton's evening ScreamFest. Well I am happy to report than since blogging about it, she hasn't had another one. I decided that at three months old, she is old enough and would likely benefit from a more structured schedule of events during the day. Mainly this would mean me enforcing the third nap. She would always get in two naps, and sometimes three, but I figured since she was overly tired in the evenings, she needed to have all three. The first two days I had to trick her into taking them, i.e. I laid her on my bed and nursed her to sleep and consequently fell asleep myself. By the third day I just nursed her, and yesterday she took it all on her own! Woohoo!! So here is our new routine: Wake up between 6 and 7 (if she gets up earlier she comes to bed with me, but this only happens maybe once a week). First nap around 8 or 8:30 for an hour. Change her, feed her, playtime til second nap which begins between 11 and 12 and is generally two hours. Change her, feed her, playtime til third nap which is around 4ish and is generally an hour or less. More changing, feeding, playing and a bath until bedtime around 8ish.
Humorous Side Note: I was reading about causes of fussiness in babies (because that is what new mommies do, they research everything). I can across an article that said my fussy kid could be gifted. Something about smart babies taking in so much and learning so fast that it is hard for them to 'turn it off' when it is time to sleep. This cracked me up... that is the same as telling a bride it is good luck that it is raining on her wedding day. 'Sorry about your luck... maybe it will turn out better later.' So now when Leyton cries, I tell her how gifted she is :-)
We also have a confirmed case of diaper rash. She had what I thought could be diaper rash, which popped up while we were in Oregon, but yesterday when I was changing her, I noticed some definite little booty sores. So I am now lathering up the booty cream with every change (was just doing it at night) and letting her have some diaper-free time (which she LOVES!) I know it is very common for babies to get, but it still makes me feel like a terrible mother.
We went and had her passport photo taken the other day. I can't mail it off until Ryan gets home. Something about needing both parents to sign so they know I'm not trying to smuggle her out of the country. She needs it for our trip to France and Germany to visit the Mallory's and Smit's at the end of March! So we have added Baby Passport to the growing list of things we have to do when Ryan gets home (find a house, do taxes, take pets to vet, get Leyton's Tricare card, car titles, watch the baby while Mommy gets a haircut, pedicure, takes a nap, shops). He is going to have a busy 20 days!
Speaking of busy... Little Pants is up from her nap, so off I go. I will post pictures later.
No comments:
Post a Comment