Saturday, January 8, 2011

We are going to have our hands full!

Leyton continues to grow more beautiful and silly every day.  She is starting to outgrow a few of her 3 month clothes already.  She is still not taking a bottle, but to be fair, I haven't tried to give her one in a while.  It is so much trouble... Mommy is getting lazy.  Another example, she often sleeps for 8 hours at a time, but occasionally she does not (or she goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 4 and Mommy doesn't want to get up).  When she gets up earlier than I want to get up, I bring her to bed with me so I can feed her and we both go back to sleep without me having to get up.  Go ahead and judge me for that:  MENTALLY warn me that she is going to get used to sleeping with me and I will create a monster... I hear ya, I hear ya...  I also let her watch TV at night when she is crying and crying and that is the only thing that will keep her quiet.  All I can say is, I'm doing the best I can.  Looking forward to Daddy getting home so he can get in on the fun.  Enough bad stuff though, she is also the sweetest morning baby you will ever meet.  Very talkative and happy in the mornings.  She still loves the color orange.  We have a Hokie blanket on the couch that she stares at.  She also has a lion toy that she really digs.  She can now bat at toys with her hands and she gets really excited when they move.  She loves to "stand."  She will push down with her legs and do a very good job of standing (with some support of course).  And you don't have to work as hard for smiles now, she often rewards you with a big toothless grin whenever you come into a room.  She is finally smiling for Ryan on Skype.  And she LOVES to play airplane!  If I could hold her above my head all day long, I think she would be very happy.  She still loves all things fuzzy, especially near her mouth, and her hands spend a lot of time in there as well.  Here are too more pictures that we sent to Daddy:

Kissy Kissy on the fuzzy carseat.  And notice the other hand is on the back of her head.  She does that a lot.  We think she may be a hair twirler.

Ready for California!

2 comments:

  1. Co-sleeping wad the BEST thing I ever did and I'll do again!!!! It's whatever works for YOU!!

    Anna pulled on her ears/put her hands on the back of her head too...might be early teething!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh and bottles are overrated -- too much work...skip straight to the sippy cup at 6 months :)

    ReplyDelete