Saturday, April 16, 2011

What's for Dinner?

Leyton passed another milestone this week - big girl food!  She took her first bite of food on Friday (rice cereal) - and then spit it back out.  Actually she spit most of it out.  We are both sort of learning this together -I've never fed a baby their first food before and she has never eaten it before.  So we are still experimenting with how thick to make it, how much to put on the spoon, when to feed her, etc.  After two days, she still doesn't have it down pat.  Most of it ends up on the bib, but I'm sure she'll get the hang of it eventually.  She better, I'm not too thrilled of the idea of breastfeeding her until she's my age.  So for now, she sits in her big girl chair three times a day and eats until she turns away.  And why did I decide to feed her this week, instead of NEXT Friday, when she is officially 6 months old?  One word.... biting.... yeah.

Other than that, not a lot going on around here.  She is still only doing two naps, and that is going well.  First nap is for Mommy's exercise and generally second nap is for running errands.  I'm still slowly getting the house looking decent.  Today I bought some a cherry tomato and a jalapeno plant, so we'll see how I do at California gardening.

We also did a little photo shoot outdoors, because our weather has been beautiful.  Enjoy!

I have to take tummy pictures quick, because she almost immediately rolls over


Relaxed

What is going on here Mom?

Hoppy Easter!


Think this is my new favor picture of her

Cheese ball

Don't worry, we were outside for less than 5 minutes.  Don't want her getting a headband tan!

First meal!  She was wearing two bibs, a sweatshirt, and jammies

Soaking the bib

First bite...It's just okay for me, Mom

Saving some for later

Another photo op on Mommy's bed

Seriously.

Skyping Daddy

This is what I wake up to in the morning... this could also be my favorite

I am so blessed!

Just finished my baby shower



Or this might be my new favorite

Who knows, but this is certainly my favorite baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment