Saturday, April 9, 2011

Diggin' out of our hole

I feel like I have had my head buried in the sand for the past few weeks and I am finally beginning to pull it out.  I thought yesterday was Thursday all day, until I looked at a calendar to see when Leyton will be 6 months old (in two weeks!).  Time flies!  I was trying to figure out when she would start solid foods.  She is definitely ready, but Mommy has been enjoying the fact that I can just (pardon the term) whip it out and feed her.  But I know she is itching to try some real food, so I figured when she turned 6 months, we will give it a go.  In the meantime, I have been pumping so that I can mix her cereal with breast milk.  Nothing but the best for my boo bear!
I met some of my neighbors.  Everyone is really nice.  Military folks of course.  There are a lot of kids around, and Leyton loves to watch the older kids play.  She also loves to play in her exersaucer, which is worth it's weight in gold and is the only way I get things done around here.  She is also down to just 2 naps a day. After DAYS of screaming and fighting her for naps, I realized that maybe she didn't need 3 anymore.  And I was right!  She does just fine with 2.  And she is sleeping better at night again (finally!).  From 8pm to 5:30am.  Ahh... Mommy is LOVING that.  Must be the new crib she got from her Gramma and Grandpa Campoamor.  Thanks!!!  Overall she is a wonderful roommate.  She is a funny little thing.  We play a lot of peek-a-boo - she thinks it's hilarious - and read lots of books.  She is also infatuated with the cute baby in the mirror.  And she will roll herself onto Tummytime now - chasing after a toy - and then roll back to play with it.  Such a smart kid!  Love her and can't wait for visitors to come check out our new place!!




Sunset in Phoenix from our trip
  

Rockin my helo hoodie for my Daddy

Ahh, so that's where I get my good looks.  

Chillaxing on Mommy's bed

This is what the house looks like after 5 days of cleaning!  At least you can see the floor.  

1 comment:

  1. We would love to come check out your new place, or have you over for dinner. So excited to see you and Leyton again. I am on spring break so any day is good for me.
    Jean Howard

    ReplyDelete