Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

WE loved having Aunt Brittany join us on our trip!

See ya winter clothes (except in the morning)

New Mexico

Sedona, Arizona
Hello from SUNNY and ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL southern California!  Ahh....  Leyton and I finished up our cross-country trip on Monday, and have been loving every minute of our new home.  She did amazing on the journey.  A little crying here and there, but overall, a very smooth trip.  With the exception of the Texas panhandle, also a very scenic trip.  I don't want to do it again, but glad I did once.

My apologies for not getting a blog out sooner, but to say I've been busy would be an understatement.  We got here last Monday and our household goods didn't get here until THIS Monday.  The movers unpacked everything and left it in large piles all over the apartment.  So now I have furniture, but it is covered in stuff.  Stuff which I am sorting through and throwing away.  Not really throwing away, just setting outside and at night, fairies come and take it all away.  And by fairies I mean Mexicans.  Apparently they figured out that military folks move to Coronado from a much larger house somewhere else (Memphis in my case) and have to get rid of half their stuff.  So every night, they drive up and down the alleys and take away the spoils.

Leyton is a little ball of fire.  Always on the move and grabbing everything.  She still LOVES the camera and will stop what she is doing to smile for a picture.  We don't have Internet at our house yet, or cable, or a microwave... so blogging is extra hard because of that.  Currently I am drinking coffee at Panera, which is a 5 minute walk from my house.. along with the beach, grocery stores, and Ryan's work -which makes the smaller house worth it!  She takes a lot of naps in her BOB stroller while Mommy gets stuff done.  I will try and get on here more, but I have my hands full!

I got tired on the drive, so I let her take a shift.

All smiles on the trip!

This is her Glamour Shot.  Nice eh?  Next stop, HOLLYWOOD Baby!


3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post! So glad you guys love it. Can't wait to join you in a few months! Keep your eyes open for places that want 90 lb dogs that shed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Glamour Shot!! I can't wait to come visit you all!! I am so happy you love your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Whitney! I've been waiting (as you may have noticed from my FB post!) Love the pics and I'm so jealous of your westward adventure. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete