Friday, August 20, 2010

Ryan made it to Africa

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Ryan made it safely to Libiera.  Naturally the 10 minutes I was away from my phone to shower is the 10 minutes that he called, but he left a message saying that he was there and that his flights went well.  He sounded rather tired, which is understandable after 23 hours of traveling.  I am back home in Virginia now, until next week when I head to Atlanta to meet up with some wonderful friends of mine from our time in Jacksonville. 
The baby is doing great, as far as I can tell.  I go back to the doctor on Monday and I will be 31+ weeks.  Hopefully we will be able to get a good idea of my induction date, so we can book Ryan's flight's back for the birth.  If activity is any indication of how healthy she is, then she is good to go!  Ryan's favorite game was to poke at her and get her stirred up and then let me deal with her wiggles and kicks.  I have a feeling we are going to have our hands full :-) 
Will post more when I have more news!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you both as you take on these adventures apart. My prayer is that time travels fast, each of you are safe and healthy, and that you may feel peace about trusting God is all these things. Can't wait to see your little girl, as I know she is already a blessing to you both.

    P.s. Shannon - I have known Ryan since Jr. High - my husband was one of his best friends in High School - we have two little boys that have stolen my heart (just so you don't feel like I'm too much of a stranger) :0) ck out my blog at bussjessica@blogspot.com

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. take the phone in the bathroom - or it will happen every time he calls

    ;)

    ReplyDelete