I feel like I was a little bias on the last post, making Ellis to seem a little too angelic. So...

She's not ALWAYS a ray of sunshine. We all have our moments. She is 5 months old though. YIKES! I feel like I just had her last week, but she is already almost sitting up on her own. She still needs someone around to make sure she doesn't face plant, but I would say probably by the end of this week, she'll be sitting all by herself. Ellis is still a major drooler, but no teeth as of yet. She and her sister are sharing another cold, so both are grumpy, and Ellis wakes up for an extra feeding at night. She still only rolls from back to tummy, gets stuck, and cries. She is always on her tummy when I get up to feed her at night, though I always put her down on her back. We haven't tried solid food with her yet, though the pediatrician said we could. I am holding off for at least 6 months because I am lazy and don't want the extra work of food prep for another person. I remember being so excited to feed Leyton real food, only to realize how much work it was and then get really disappointed when all she did was spit it out for the first month and a half. I was also naive enough to think it would be fun to see Leyton crawl. I am dreading when Ellis starts. I look at all the choking hazards on my dirty floor from my toddler and I cringe.
 |
| Add caption |
My other sweet problem child is still keeping us on our toes. Ryan and I are in discussion about disciplining this little cutie. She needs it. She only listens when she feels like it, and now that she is bigger, this is a problem. She ran away from me at church the other day, down the sidewalk. She thought it was funny to have me chase her... I thought I was going to have a heart attack. That was a prime time to start spanking, and I missed it. But we may have to go there, because as the nursery worker said, "she is very spirited and strong-willed" (i.e. bad).
 |
| This is a princess party. Each princess must knock on the door, come inside and say she is hungry. Everyone is welcome, except Baby Cinderella. She knocks but the others won't open the door, so she sits in her coach and cries with her lemon.... I didn't make up any of that story. Leyton did. I am equally amused and disturbed by the whole not letting Baby Cinderella play. Where did she get that from? She thinks it's funny that Cinderella has to sit in her coach and cry! We may have a future 'Mean Girl' on our hands :-/ |
 |
| This kid could NEVER be mean |
 |
| I tried to get her sitting up, but she wouldn't cooperate |
 |
| Leyton wore this butterfly suit around all day for about 4 days (including to church). She also rode that horse and made it sing until the gears in it's mouth began to smell and I feared it would catch on fire |
 |
| Ellis is too big for her swing. And she can finally reach her toes but can't get them to her mouth. Her belly is just too chubby. Oh well. We have plenty of toys in this house for her to chew on. |
 |
| If anyone is ever bored, they should have (or borrow) children. Never a dull moment! |
No comments:
Post a Comment