Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Fun


Things have been heating up here on the island... to a balmy 75 degrees!  So we busted out the baby pool and tried to get Leyton used to swimming.  She starts swim lessons with her BFF Susannah tomorrow at the big pool, but for now a little dip in the front yard helps keep us cool.

She was a little hesitant at first.  She just stood there for a long time, and finally would splash a bit.

But it wasn't until her friend McKenzie came over and accidentally knocked her down that she actually sat in the water.  From then on though, she loved it and will have a hissy fit if you try and take her out before she is done playing.

To stay cool LC often goes pantless - accessorized by Mommy and Daddy's flip flops of course

Apparently she STILL wasn't cool enough, so she tried to take off her shirt too.  This is as far as she got.

Goof balls!  On a side note - even though you can see her ribs, LC is a pretty good eater these days.  Today for breakfast, for instance, she ate an entire waffle and half a banana.  But she's still skinny because she only sits still if I let her watch 'Buzz' which is what she calls the computer now.  I'll put on a You Tube video of Toy Story or something Disney and let her watch it if I need to vacuum or do something and I need her safe.  Otherwise she will jump on the bed or dismantle the baby's room or have a fit or try and climb her bookshelf.  

For some reason, she has been extra clingy to DoDo recently.  She calls him 'NahNah' and a fit is guaranteed if she decides she wants him and either can't find him or can't get him out of her crib.  We don't really like for her to carry him around all the time because as you can see, she puts him up to her mouth and sticks her tongue out just a little, so who knows what kind of germs she gets from this thing.

Speaking of germs, LC had Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease last week.  It was a very mild case though and we knew it was coming because Susannah had it first and they are very sweet about sharing their germs with each other.  So as soon as the fever hit, we loaded her up on Tylenol and kept her drugged for a few days and she was fine.

We also had visitors last week, Grammy, Papa and Uncle Jamie were in town for the 4th holiday.  They left Virginia just in time to miss the triple digit temperatures and power outages.  Leyton kept them busy playing with her toys, going to the park, taking the ferry downtown to the Midway carrier, and hitting up the beach.  Unfortunately, we have zero photos to post of their visit.  Grammy and Papa had a new camera and were constantly snapping pictures, so Ryan and I totally forgot to break out our own to document all our fun.  Oh well.  They'll be back in a few weeks to help out with BC2, and I PROMISE to take and post plenty of pictures then!
I'll wrap things up with a BC2 update (that's Baby Campoamor 2.0).  BC2 is 30 weeks now so we are hitting the home stretch of the pregnancy.  She (or he) gets lots of hiccups and things are starting to get cramped.  Overall I am still feeling pretty good, but there are some days and nights that are not so fun.  I'm trying to make the best of it though and rest when I can and get things done as I can.  The baby's room is basically finished.  I am trying to not buy anything new, because a) we already have plenty of stuff and b) I still don't know if I'll have a little boy or two little girls.  So there isn't much of a 'nursery,' just a pack-n-play set up in the spare room with a few Noah's Ark things from Leyton's room sitting around.  Babies really don't need much though.  I did get BC2 a swing -bought it for $10 from a friend of mine.  Can't let the First Born have EVERYTHING first.  Ryan and I are both second born, so we have extra sympathy for BC2 :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment