Monday, July 16, 2012

SPLASH!

Last week and this week, Leyton and Mommy have been doing Parent and Child 'Swimming' Lessons.  The goal of the class isn't to teach them to swim, it's to get the kids comfortable in the water.  We kick, blow bubbles, play with toys, climb out of the pool and jump back in, and get dunked underwater.  Leyton LOVES it!  The only melt down we had was the very first day, when we got there 10 minutes early and had to wait on the deck for our turn.  She was ready to SPLASH right away.  So our first lesson was to arrive exactly on time.  The first day in the water she was a bit clingy, but soon she would turn me loose and splash with her hands and feet.  She loves to stick her tongue out and taste the water.  I wouldn't say she likes getting dunked, but she doesn't cry. I would do it more than just at the end, but she has her mouth open in a smile or with her tongue out for most of the 30 minute class and I don't want her to swallow a bunch of water.  That, and it can be a bit chilly here in the morning, and getting her hair wet makes her shiver.  All in all though she is having a great time and asks to go 'Dash' all day.  I don't have any good pictures of her at the pool because I don't want to take our camera and get it wet.  Between Leyton and towels and clothes and snacks and being pregnant, I have enough to carry!

For my 31 week pregnancy update, I've determined that my body is going to leave no pregnancy 'symptom' undone.  You name it, I had it either the first go around with Leyton or this time around with BC2.  My skin is changing color, I can hardly breathe from nasal congestion, I take Tylenol every 5 hours for a nasty head ache, and sometimes I'm so tired I can barely stand it.  Add those to all the other symptoms I've been listing over the past 7 months.  And those are just the ones I feel like posting... there are several others that would fit in the 'Too Much Information' category, so we will just leave those unsaid, but you can bet I have them!  On a positive note, I've moved into the guest room and now sleep with the windows wide open and a fan blowing on me and a small blanket on my upper body with my body pillow.  Ryan on the other hand is in our room under a ton of blankets spread out in the middle of the bed.  We're both sleeping better than we have in months!  I've still got two more months to go, and I don't hope this kid comes before Grammy can get here, because then I'll have to worry about what to do with Leyton, but I believe that the second Grammy's plane touches down, I'll be hoping for the contractions to start.  In the meantime...

Here are some pictures I snapped this morning.  I told Leyton we were going Splash in a little while.  She decided to expedite the process by putting on her bathing suit by herself.

Unfortunately the bottoms got stuck on her head.

And Mother of the Year went and grabbed the camera instead of helping a kid out.

We finally got dressed and off to the pool.  All last week I stuffed a liner in LC's swim diaper in case she peed between home and the pool.  It was always dry, so today I left it off.  Here she is modeling Mommy's maternity shirt, which she had to wear home because her bathing suit cover was covered in pee.

It's true what they say... when you look this good, you can wear anything!

She was about to fuss about running out of Cheerios...

But got distracted by Panda...

And decided to pull her tail instead.  NEVER a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment