Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Campoamor 2.0

So here is the very overdue post for our newest edition.  I will begin at the beginning.  Ryan and I have always planned to have two, and I wanted to get the pregnant fun over with as quickly as possible.  So we were trying for a baby, and this one only took a couple of months.  I actually started 'feeling' pregnant on Monday, but I didn't get a positive pregnancy test until Friday, January 6.  It's funny that my body caught on so quickly.  And just like with Leyton, the day I hit 6 weeks, I started feeling terrible.  Only this time I was actually physically sick.  I spent weeks 6 to 10 either lying on the couch, bed, or on Leyton's playroom floor, with occasional trips to the bathroom to puke.  I didn't feel like eating much, so whatever sounded good is what I made sure to either get for myself or make Ryan get for me.  One day, around week 10, sushi sounded good, so I loaded LC in the car in the rain and got takeout.  I ate a lot.  The next morning I threw up.  Nothing new.  And then I threw up again.  And again.  And again at least every hour for the entire day.  At first I blamed the baby, but now I blame food poisoning.  And I haven't had ANY desire to eat sushi since.  The good news though is that after about 3 days of not eating and lying in the bed (thankfully my wonderful husband was able to take care of Leyton), I haven't thrown up since.  It still took a couple of weeks to feel good... around 12 weeks or so, but now at 18 weeks I feel AWESOME.  I've started back to Crossfit (I took 7 weeks off because I could barely change a diaper, much less exercise) and have the appetite of a high school football player.  I lost 7 pounds the first trimester... at week 10 I was the thinnest I've been in years... but I found those 7 and added several more.  I got my maternity clothes in the mail from my sister-in-law just in time -woohoo stretchy waist bands!!

One reason it took us so long to post baby ultrasound pictures is because we just got them.  After Leyton was born, I decided I wanted to have a med-free birth for round two.  After doing my research here in San Diego, I found the UCSD birth center to be the best fit for me.  They specialize in natural childbirth, offer you a free doula, and are attached to a traditional hospital in case something goes wrong or you change your mind about the pain meds.  The navy however, wanted me to use THEIR hospital and their doctors.  So after MONTHS of dealing with insurance, we got an appointment with the UCSD midwives, but at this point I was already 16 weeks along.  So no prenatal care until 16 weeks, which is not ideal, but it wasn't my first rodeo either, so not that huge of a deal.  Because the midwife said I was measuring big for 16 weeks and because I was so sick, we were a little concerned there may be TWO babies.  But luckily there was only one beautiful child on that ultrasound.  We will probably get another ultrasound done in a few weeks, because some of the organs were too small for the tech to get a good look at the first round.  One thing we are NOT going to look at this time is the gender.  We will find out in September whether Leyton gets a little brother or sister. AND you all will also have to wait til then for the name, which we are still ironing out anyway.

We have done very little to get ready for this little one.  Part of that is because we have all the big stuff already.  If it's a boy, we'll have to get the kid some new clothes, but otherwise, we got what we need.  We have decided which room will be baby's, and one day when I was having some nesting urges, I got the closet cleaned out.  But there is still a LOT to do to make that room baby ready.  I think we will probably put the baby in the pack-n-play for the first 6 or so months, then get LC a new toddler bed, and baby will get her crib.  And we will get a double BOB stroller, since we use ours daily and BOB's are the bomb.  So we are preparing for this kid, but there are no belly pictures or painted nursery's to show for it.

We are looking forward to doing this one all together as a FAMILY.  Ryan has been here for almost a year now so it's hard to imagine doing this without him.  But two years ago, that's what we were facing.  Dear US Navy: PLEASE DON'T MAKE US DO THAT AGAIN!  Please!  Please!  Ryan will have to deploy again at some point, but hopefully not for a couple of years and the kids will be old enough for daycare when Mommy needs a time out :-) So pray that Daddy is here for this birth day and that all goes smoothly from here on out.

Like I said, no belly pictures yet.  We will try and get on that.  I think we didn't start because I was so skinny that pictures would be sad.  But now I have a nice round belly, so we have no excuse.  Oh, we also found out that our next door neighbor has the SAME due date!  So that is cool.  Woohoo for September 13, 2012!  

1 comment:

  1. Yay Baby Camp 2.0!!! The Mallory's will be ready to watch one or both of the kiddos when Mommy and Daddy need a break!

    ReplyDelete