That's right! Milestones right and left this month. My little overachiever has, not one, but TWO little teeth popping up. Along with cutting teeth, Leyton also had a cold this week - so as you can imagine, she was loovely. She was kind enough to share her cold with Mommy as well. I used to rarely get sick - generally twice a year. This is my third cold in 6 months! Babies are just adorable little petrie dishes of germs.
Along with the new fangs, Leyton has already mastered sitting up. She can sit up as long as she likes -I've witnessed at least 15 minutes. She can raise both hands and go after toys to the side and still not fall over. All in a week! That's not to say she doesn't fall over. She gets bored or mad and over she goes.
I also FINALLY finished her nursery! There is good reason for the books to tell you to finish it prior to the baby being born. It's not like you can hammer stuff into the walls while they are napping. But it is finally done. It's the ONLY room that is done, but that is okay. The rest will likely have to wait until Daddy gets home (in about two weeks!) and I have back-up.
I have all her clothes and changing stuff here in the 'secret 'passage.' This is handy for when she has messy diapers, everything is in arms reach, because Lord knows she doesn't stay in place anymore.
We also tried big girl food again this week - carrots. I don't think she ate much -if any. We go to the doctor this week for her 6 month check up, and if she says it's okay, I will just wait until Daddy and the Grandparents are here so they can teach her how to eat. Gramma has taught both her kids, plus two kids that she nannied, so if she can't do it, we are in trouble! In the meantime, Leyton loves chewing on whole raw carrots. And speaking of Daddy, he leaves Africa on Wednesday and gets into DC on Thursday around noon (by way of ATL). Pray that everything goes smoothly and that he gets here to Cali quickly and safely. Not sure exactly when he will get here, but we are hoping for around the 15th or 16th. Will keep you posted!

No comments:
Post a Comment