Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ellis Goes to School

We had 6 days from when we landed in Japan until when Leyton started back to kindergarten.  We had 12 days of just us girls, because Ryan had to go back out on the boat 'one last time' (I'll believe that when I see it).  So after 12 fun-filled days... Finally, September 1.  The day I have personally been waiting for (since pretty much when I found out I was pregnant with Leyton) a long time -both my kids went to school!  On a personal note, it was awesome.  I am a HUGE fan of a few hours of peace and quiet each day.

But enough about me, let's move along to the stars of this Blog.
Ellis is very excited.  Each morning she announces 'I go to school!'  And Leyton seems happy to have her there as well.

Ellis is starting at the beginning of the second semester, so most of the kids in her class have been there since April.

This week, she has already mastered taking off and putting on her school shoes and  slippers.

She hasn't had any accidents at school yet (though as I update this today, she did), but at home she has regressed in the potty department a bit.  I think this is just a little setback after a very big week for her.

She loves all her gear (Japanese school is incredibly high maintenance). 

Ellis is in Kotori Gumi (Little Bird Class).  She wears a dark pink cap.
Leyton is doing well in school, too.  There is a new American girl in her class and they are quickly becoming friends.  She also started Gymnastics class and went back to Ballet.  She LOVES both.  Ellis can start both next month, after her birthday.

All-in-all, there have been some big, positive changes in the Campoamor Casa.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment