I tried to grab a few photos during Leyton's opening ceremonies for school. I did my best with keeping E happy and snapping photos as we went along. At times there were only one parent allowed which was probably good since E wanted to stay on the move. We would go check out the hallways and read books and then come back to see what they were doing in her class. Like Shannon said, I wouldn't have been able to get what they were saying anyways.
It was a bit surreal that our big baby girl, Miss Leyton, started school. I think it hit me the most when she was sitting at her desk with the rest of her classmates. Unreal. Here are some photos I was able to grab during the opening ceremonies:
![]() |
| Here we are at the first table we saw when we got through the gate. We picked up LC's pink ribbon that was placed on her shoulder to identify what class (the Sakura class) she was in. |
| Ready to go find her class! |
![]() |
| Walking down the hall to find her class. |
![]() |
| Found her Class. Shannon is unloading her school supplies as LC checks out her assigned desk. |
| Shannon putting away the supplies in LC's cubby. |
| Her class. I believe one of her teachers is the lady about to squat down. They were all super super nice. |
![]() |
| LC at her desk! |
| Other Dad's pacing the hallways. |
| E and I hanging out. |
| Opening ceremonies. Can you see Shannon and LC? |
| Principal (male) and someone else (female in kimono) upfront on the stage. |
| E pacing the hallways and checking things out. |
| Puppet show. A lot of singing here. |
| The playground area where they checked her in. |
| Opening ceremonies complete. Each class left together in a line back to their classrooms. |
![]() |
| Back in the classroom. LC was a little upset because Shannon wouldn't let her peel off a sticker that was on the middle of the table. |
| LC's teacher. |
| LC's class lining up for their class photo. Parents were also included, which we thought was odd, so Shannon went while I had E. |
![]() |
| LC checking out the emergency escape slide from the top floor of the school. |
![]() |
| They like each other... sometimes. |
![]() |
| Silly E. |
| At one of the many parks we frequent. |












No comments:
Post a Comment