Baby girl is growing like a super cute weed. Overall she is a very good baby. She is a great night sleeper - 6 to 8 hours, up for 20 minutes to nurse, right back to sleep until either 6:30 or 5 if I am going to CrossFit. Plus 2 naps during the day. I am getting better at reading her 'naptime' cues, so those are getting easier. Generally Ellis naps from 10 to 12, then she is awake and cute til around 3, when she naps again for an hour or two. Leyton naps from 1 til 3, which means no 'kid-free' break for Mommy, but each girl gets about 2 hours of one-on-one time with Mom, which is very important. Ryan is an awesome Daddy and husband, covering for Mom when I need a shower/workout/nap/time to cook and clean, so it all works out.
Ellis had her 2 month appointment with the doctor and confirmed that she is a big, healthy baby. She weighed in at 13.5 pounds (91%) and was 23 inches long (73%)! The doctor was very pleased and told us to keep doing what we are doing. Always good to hear!
Big sister Leyton hasn't slowed a bit either. She had an eval for speech therapy last week. She will start that soon, but I can already see a HUGE difference in her speech with just the few tips that the therapist gave for us to try with her. She also had a dentist appointment. She hated it, but they said everything was good and she only had one more tooth to complete her baby set.
Normally I am very much against decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. This year I decided we wouldn't do a Christmas tree or decorate, just because of all the time it takes to put it all up and take it down. But then I had a change of heart and remembered how much I LOVE Christmas trees, so I decided to stop Scrooging and put up the tree this past weekend. I wanted it up early so we could enjoy it longer. We aren't decorating anything else, and we didn't put all the ornaments on, but it is pretty and SO FUN to watch Leyton decorate it. She took her job very seriously, carefully placing some at the bottom, and then said 'Up' for us to pick her up so her could place some at the top. Of course she put many all on the same branch, but that is beauty in the eye of a two year old -and her adoring parents.
Leyton is also very into dressing herself and her bunny and other toys. A great deal of her play is dress up. I used to think it was silly to see a kid who had obviously dressed herself, but now I can really appreciate it. Of course it's okay to wear your Halloween clothes all year and pink Crocs with EVERYTHING (with socks!). I love that she doesn't care what the other kids are wearing. She wears what SHE wants to wear and that makes me smile. Of course this leads to some fights with her parents, like when she only wanted to wear one pair of pajamas -which Momma hadn't washed. Or when we go visit her grandparents on the East coast and it's cold and she won't wear a hat or gloves... or shoes without holes (note to self: buy her some really warm socks).... but she WILL wear her cat ears and skirt from Halloween around. I hope she will always disregard what is 'cool' and do her own thing (just as long as everything is covered up). You are beautiful Leyton, and never listen to anyone who tells you otherwise!
 |
| Speaking of beautiful.... |
 |
| I know it's not nice to brag, but we do make some cute kids! |
 |
| This smile is what I am blessed to wake up to every day! |
 |
| Cute |
 |
| Two months old and too cute! |
 |
| Leyton likes to hold her sister, however you must be very vigilant... she can't be trusted. Leyton will poke Ellis in the eye (or worse!) in a heartbeat. |
 |
| So sweet! |
 |
| Daddy is growing a mustache for November and all us girls hate it |
 |
| Mommy helped her put on the delicate ones |
 |
| Not pleased to be on the other side of the gate |
 |
| Rearranging to get the ornaments in just the right place |
Your girls are so beautiful!!! I agree you do make cute kids! Feel free to brag about your babies anytime :)
ReplyDelete