Thursday, August 23, 2012

Full Term!

This picture says it all.  As of today, BC2 is 37 weeks, meaning that she is now considered 'full term,' despite the fact that she isn't due for another 3 weeks.  I had an ultrasound last Friday to confirm position, and BC2 is head down and looking rather squished.  Mommy is filling rather 'full' these days too.  Overall I am still feeling great, still sleeping fairly well, and the temperature has eased up a few degrees outside, which is extremely helpful.  I am definitely having contractions on occasion as my body warms up for the task at hand, which is also a friendly reminder to hurry up and get my act together because this baby could show up any day.  Our act is currently mostly together.  The hospital bag is packed and we put the second carseat in the car.  Leyton had an absolute fit during that process, but she actually really enjoys her new seat location directly behind the driver (she can see better out the side window and she says 'hi' to all the passing cars).  

Seeing all the new baby stuff definitely helps make it all seem more 'real.'  Last weekend I was pleasantly surprised by some sweet friends of mine with a baby shower.  Whitney put together a lovely lunch for me and some of my Coronado friends, complete with balloons, cake, and baby gifts!


My sweet friends

Most of the women there had more than one child, so they knew exactly what a get a 'second-time' mom.  I got some gender neutral clothes, some new sheets, several books, toys, shoes, and gift certificates for both myself and baby.  Leyton even got a couple of books about being a big sister, which I thought was VERY sweet.

My sweet prayer partner, Ms. Ann.  Leyton LOVES Ms. Ann and has been over to her house several times to play.  She is also on my 'call list' in case BC2 doesn't wait until Grammy shows up on September 8.

Here are BC2's quarters.  He will sleep in the pack-n-play for a loong time -until Leyton is ready for a toddler bed AND they can share a room.

We have the noise machine ready.  We have the same one for Leyton, again so they can hopefully one day share.  The green dinosaur lovely is BC2's 'DoDo' (or NaNa if you speak Leytonese).  I bought TWO of them, and plan to switch them out from the get-go.  Leyton also has two, but #2 didn't show up until she was about 8 months old and she wants NOTHING to do with that impostor.  The doll is also Leyton's.  She has a book titled "Baby Dear" about a little girl who gets a baby doll on the same day that her Daddy brings her Mommy and baby sister home from the hospital.  The little girl in the book bathes, changes, feeds, and walks her baby while the Mommy does the same with the little sister.  So, that doll, whose name is currently Stella, is Leyton's Baby Dear.  We will bring her home with us from the hospital.

So we are all just about ready for BC2.  I am reading some books on natural childbirth.  That is my goal again this time around.  I figure if I can survive the worst part of labor strapped down in a car for a hour, then I can do it under more relaxing conditions.  The midwife said second labors are generally half as long as first, so that is another plus.  That, coupled with the fact that I am terrified of needles and all the complications that can arise from a medicated birth, make it a good choice for me.  I am also very excited to find out whether BC2 is a boy or girl because- although I am convinced she's a girl, I don't really know that for sure at all.  So instead of scared and anxious and excited, this time around I am just excited about having the baby.  Sure it will hurt for a while, but I haven't met a mom yet who'd say their kids weren't 100% worth it!


1 comment:

  1. 100% worth every minute of unmedicated child birth!! :)

    YAY! for #2!! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete