Life is clicking right along here at the Campoamor household. Leyton keeps us on our toes, and 2.0 is growing and making herself more noticed every day. She weighs over a pound now. Notice I said she... we all call Baby C 2.0 a girl, though we just had the last ultrasound and therefore our last chance to find out for sure. Technically, I did get to 'see' the gender at the ultrasound. The tech said that they have to document the gender, so if I didn't want to know, that I should look away. But I explained to her that unless she told me what I was seeing, I wouldn't have a clue. Which is exactly what happened. She was going along documenting certain things, and at one point she quickly typed 'gender' and then moved on before I could really inspect anything. But, I didn't see anything that would make me think 'boy', so I'm still saying girl and we are going to plan like it's a girl. On the slim chance that I'm wrong, I have faith that Grammy and Daddy can rush to Target and pick up some boy clothes, plus there's always Amazon.com. And if he sleeps wrapped in a pink blanket from time to time, it won't hurt him either. But I'm putting my chips on pink.
Leyton is now learning several new words a week. She can say Geico Gecko, bow, and my favorite -butt. It is so funny to hear her say it. Hopefully I can get a video on here soon. AND.... she has peed in the potty 3 times now! We started sitting her on it before her bath every night, and about every other night she will pee in her big girl potty. And then Ryan and I clap and cheer like she's cured cancer. So I am optimistic about the potty training that we will begin in a few weeks. I think we are going to go the pantless '
potty training in 3 days' method. I'll let you know if it works :-)
 |
| Leyton is also very into wearing bows, bracelets, and hats |
 |
| And here is her new tricycle, which she got from our next-door-neighbor. Unfortunately for our backs, she is too short to peddle it by herself. |
 |
| But she is very determined to learn |
 |
| Mommy also got her some pink Crocs |
 |
| Maybe she has a future in law enforcement like her uncles, because she really enjoys keeping the streets clean. |
 |
| More dress-up. She actually wore this headband to church. |
 |
| And she likes to dress up Daddy too |
 |
| We still try and get to the beach on Saturday mornings. Leyton LOVES to play in the sand. |
 |
| 17 more weeks to go! Now that I've slowed down a bit and take a couple of sit breaks during the day, my back and hip haven't given me any trouble. Apparently I'm not Superwoman. Bummer. |
No comments:
Post a Comment