Thursday my little bear started up with a NASTY cough. It was really really bad. So I took her to the doctor on Friday. She had a slight fever but tested negative for the flu, so the doctor said it was just a bad cold. So she has been pitiful for several days and up half the night for several nights. Today she is still coughing and has a runny nose, but it is getting better for sure. Now Mommy is coughing, which is fine. I felt guilty with her sick and me fine. So now we can be miserable together :-)
We also had a huge change of plans for the next couple of months. With Leyton being sick, I decided to nix our trip to Europe. I decided I wasn't quite up to the challenge of Space A and touring Europe with a sick baby. So we pushed that trip back for awhile and hopefully next time ALL the Campoamor's can go visit. In the meantime, WE ARE MOVING TO CALIFORNIA! I am packing up now and we will probably leave sometime next week. I plan to only drive about 6 hours a day, so it will take me 6 days to get there. All my Memphis peeps.. we will be making a stop there! Stay tuned for dates. We are of course very sad to leave all of our Virginia family behind, but very excited to sleep in our own beds. And Leyton gets her own room! We will have plenty of room for guesses too, so start planning your visit.
Leyton is growing like a weed still, but she is learning even faster. Big this week is reaching and grabbing EVERYTHING with her hands. She is obsessed with a necklace I have hanging next to her changing pad. It is a VT Mardi Gras necklace, so she doesn't get to put it in her mouth (Lords knows where that thing has been!) But everything else she gets her hands on goes directly to her mouth, so now Mommy has to change an eye out for what is in arms reach. Mommy's hair is also a favorite. She is also standing for longer and longer periods of time (with assistance), and she can tripod to sit up for about 5 seconds or so before she topples over -so sitting up unassisted shouldn't be too far in the future.
 |
| I'm watching you |
 |
| Modeling my new Sophie and Razberry. Thanks Nicole for the tip - She loves them! |
 |
| Come here Mommy... you've got to taste this |
 |
| She loves watching me eat and drink -so I gave her a sippy cup to play with... Almost got it right |
 |
| MMM... razberry! Much better than some stinkin' paci |
 |
| Leyton playing Noah's Ark.... |
Told you she puts everything in her mouth. But that's what baby's do I suppose.
Glad she's enjoying her new toys...at 14 months Anna still plays with Sophie!
ReplyDelete